160A, Bucuresti-Ploiesti Road, Bucharest, Romania
The French School in Bucharest, which runs under the patronage of the French Embassy in Romania, first opened in 1920 having 15 students. In time the school grew, especially after 1990, once more and more French citizens came to Romania to work, bringing with them their families. As a result, the French School also needed to grow, so in 2011, after lengthy negotiations and discussions, the joint venture between ACMS GC and Primavera Development was chosen to develop and construct the 13.500 sqm compound, which includes all the amenities needed for a modern education center (classes, indoor sports center, outside sports field and courts, cafeteria, green areas and more).
ACMS GC – Primavera Development joint venture was chosen since the client needed the integrated expertise, development-design-construction. ACMS GC was in charge of the design and the Construction and Primavera Development of the zoning permits and the building permit. The entire project was a challenge, especially the design, since ACMS GC needed to adapt the French requirements in terms of educational facilities to the Romanian legislation. The challenge was even greater considering the French School is the first educational institution built by ACMS GC.